some rules were made to break
I paint extremely unconventionally. . . and I feel free because of it. Its kind of like minimalism. . . just as a sense of freedom is attained by stripping the self of possessions, I feel that artistic “freedom” can be attained by creating whatever it is that you feel like creating, whatever way you want to create it! So here’s a list of random favorite rules to bend and break in no particular order. . .
– Prime Just say no! I like the way watered down acrylic soaks into the texture of raw canvas.
– Mrs. Prentice’s Classical Music Bjork is! appropriate for the classroom
– Work Alone Collaboration can help you find your identity as an artist. Network! Blog! Connect!
– Learn From The Greats There’s more inspiration on the street than in a museum
– Focus daydream. . . lots
– Brushes he he, so restricting
– Painting Clothes. . . nah, (my wardrobe hates me)
– Hobby lobby Canvas make your own!!!! And use random scraps of clothes, its green and cheap which is also green, but in an entirely different way
– Canvas In General– paint on ur walls!!!!
-photo by Dario